CPA EXAM CLUB

The CPA Exam community & online study group to help you pass!

If you download this file, please leave a comment so I can gauge interest/downloads.  Thanks!

FAR NOTES

= 2011 FAR Notes shared by KevinY (below) (42 pages - parts 1-9)
= 2011 FAR Notes shared by cpaguy85 (below) (29 pages)

42 PAGES TOTAL

From CPAnet:

These notes were written by KevinY (thank you KevinY aka KYballer14!!!) in 2011 and contributed to CPAnet to share.  Please use the notes as a tool and write your own notes!

From KevinY:

The information is made up of info that was intended for me and what I think I needed to focus more on, so don't rely solely on my notes.  The review materials I used to prepare for FAR was Becker. 

FAR NOTES 2011 - 42 Pages Total (9 parts)

2011-12-09_163712_2011-FAR-CPA-Notes-01-KevinY.pdf

2011-12-09_163747_2011-FAR-CPA-Notes-02-KevinY.pdf

2011-12-09_161601_2011-FAR-CPA-Notes-03-KevinY.pdf

2011-12-13_173452_2011-FAR-CPA-Notes-04-KevinY.pdf

2011-12-13_173617_2011-FAR-CPA-Notes-05-KevinY.pdf

2011-12-13_174548_2011-FAR-CPA-Notes-06-KevinY.pdf

2011-12-13_174709_2011-FAR-CPA-Notes-07-KevinY.pdf

2011-12-13_175420_2011-FAR-CPA-Notes-08-KevinY.pdf

2011-12-13_175449_2011-FAR-CPA-Notes-09-KevinY.pdf

====================

FAR 2011 NOTES shared by cpaguy85 (29 pages)

From cpaGuy85 (via message at CPAnet Forum): I took [FAR] in the July/Aug [2011] window and passed. The notes are good for a quick summary of the chapters to review on the train or at work without having to pull out the book. The notes contain all the major topics except governmental and non-profit topics. … Some material I highlighted in more detail if it was a trouble area for me and not so
much detail if I understood it. Note: The chapters are not in order in my notes. I believe they start with Ch. 6.

Tags: FAR Notes

Views: 260

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by anna nguyen on March 13, 2012 at 10:02pm
Wow, your notes better than the wiley flash cards. Thanks!
Comment by Evan Gao on February 21, 2012 at 9:13am
Thank you so much for sharing!
Comment by CPA Exam Club on January 23, 2012 at 1:43pm
Eslam, sharing would be great!  Don't worry about your notes being handwritten...I'm uploading a handwritten BEC 2011/2012 set shortly.  Get in touch here and I'll get them up for you! https://mizweb.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204275459-Contact-CPA-...
Comment by Eslam Ali on December 21, 2011 at 1:53am
Thank you so much Kevin, very well structured and written.. my AUD and BEC notes are handwritten in the worst handwriting ever and horribly organized, I would love to upload them for people but highly doubt it would help anyone

Comment by Ron Hogsett on December 19, 2011 at 4:34pm
Thanks for the notes. They look great.
Comment by Hunsoo Jung on December 14, 2011 at 10:39am
Great note!  Thanks for sharing it!!
Comment by Oren Gulasa on December 13, 2011 at 5:06pm
Hi, Great notes, thank you, although I think Notes-1 is already been updated with the new SFAC No. 8 that replace SFAC no. 1 and 2. 
Comment by Marisa A Lopez on December 13, 2011 at 3:10pm
Thank you very much CPAnet!!
Comment by kyballer14 on December 13, 2011 at 3:00pm
thanks CPAnet for putting them up!
Comment by CPA Exam Club on December 13, 2011 at 2:58pm
They are all up!!!  Thank you again Kevin for sharing, you rock!
Comment by David on December 11, 2011 at 1:38pm
Kevin, I like you notes. They keep you focused on the core knowlege needed. I can't wait to get the rest of your notes. Thank you for sharing.

Comment by kyballer14 on December 9, 2011 at 10:34pm
Definitely, the MCs are good but doing keep doing MC questions to the point you already know the answer and don't even finish reading the question and other answers.  I was guilty of that, and it won't help me.  I was at the point were i kept doing questions over and over again but it got to that point i didn't even finish reading the question because i already knew the answer.  That is why for me i like to "mark" the questions i get wrong and go over those only my 3rd time through the MC questions.  Now i like to focus on my notes and Sims the week of my exam and understand concepts.
Comment by Linx on December 9, 2011 at 10:26pm
thanks a lot kevin..... one last question do you think becker was enough?
Comment by kyballer14 on December 9, 2011 at 9:27pm
Linx -- to be honest with AUD and BEC i was making note cards.  I noticed when i write up my own notes or make note cards i remember the material a lot more.  Like i said earlier, if write up notes just keep review it over and over and over again everyday and you'll eventually get the concept in your mind for sure.  
BEC - just made note cards and kept reviewing it, did tons of MCs because when i took it i had no SIMS.
AUD - made note cards, did MCs, and focus a little on SIMs.  AUD was more conceptual, as opposed to FAR and REG (a couple mathematical problems).  AUD was pretty much straight forward, "pick the answer that doesn't break a law, ethically correct, doesn't cause bias, conflict, and invalidate independence"
I knew FAR and REG was harder and thought that typing out notes was way better because i can add more details on notes than on a flashcard.
Comment by Linx on December 9, 2011 at 6:33pm
as soon as the whole thing is online i am running to kinkos 
Comment by Linx on December 9, 2011 at 6:32pm
kevin .. thanks .. i was wondering if you could tell me how you studied for bec and aud .... specially bec ... the COSO section .... your notes are amazing BTW
Comment by kyballer14 on December 9, 2011 at 6:29pm
Linx..unfortunately, I never took notes for BEC and AUD. I just started taking notes this way for FAR, so I will only have it for this and REG. I sent the Moderator my complete notes and she is  uploading them. Just watch out for it.
Comment by Linx on December 9, 2011 at 6:18pm
Kevin .. amazing notes ... to the point ... thank you so much eagerly waiting for the remaining ones ad also it would be very nice if you could share the AUD and BEC notes .. thanks a lot again ....
Comment by kyballer14 on December 9, 2011 at 4:57pm
read the book
did the questions (once)
read over my notes, and added 2 extra blank pages behind each cheaper so i can jot down add'l info (i.e. journal entries, equations, add'l info that needs to be in detail)
did the questions (once)
spend last two whole day solely on simulations and reviewing notes
I printed out my notes and the becker supplied notes on the software and took them to kinkos to get them binded (take it everywhere with you to study!).  A lot of stuff overlapped but that was good for repetition and getting it in my head.
Remember, 40% of the exam are weighted in simulations.  I learned from my AUD exam.  I did TERRIBLE on my MCs but the Simulations gave me the passing grade.  So i figure for FAR, if you are able to spend more time on simulations and work through problems from beginning to end you'll understand the overall concept.  If you understand the overall concept, the MCs (which will be a simplified version of the simulations) should not be as hard as before.
I feel that many people blow off the simulation studying and concentrate only on MCs.  So that something to keep in mind.
Comment by BRac on December 9, 2011 at 4:51pm
Btw, I am taking REG Jan 4th and just finished up lecture 7...how do you find the material?...I think way easier than FAR and chapters 4-7 are pretty easy/fair to deal with 
Comment by BRac on December 9, 2011 at 4:49pm
Yea those are extensive and well written, thanks...I actually took FAR in Oct. and failed because of the Simulations...I am using Becker as well, any advice you can give on how to study for the Sims? 
Comment by kyballer14 on December 9, 2011 at 4:46pm
I am taking REG in Jan 2012, so once i get those set of notes done i shall upload to moderator
Comment by kyballer14 on December 9, 2011 at 4:44pm
i appreciate the comments!  Good luck to you all!  I passed with these notes so hopefully they'll help you guys.
Comment by CPA Addict on December 9, 2011 at 2:21pm
thanks! waiting for the rest
Comment by akacpa on December 9, 2011 at 2:08pm Kevin, thanks for sharing.  Your notes are very concise and capture the key points.  Looking forward to your future posts.

Thanks for the notes KevinY and CPAguy85.

Thanks for the notes KevinY and CPAguy85.

RSS

Latest Activity

Sandra Hei updated their profile
yesterday
Noah Kiplimo Kipchaui updated their profile
Mar 1, 2019

Members

Videos

© 2020   Created by CPA Exam Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service