CPA EXAM CLUB

The CPA Exam community & online study group to help you pass!

Check in here!

What sections are you working on?

Tags: FAR, FAR Resources

Views: 1020

Replies to This Discussion

I'm figuring out how this forum works, but I'm Josh and I'm starting back from the beginning on FAR.  My exam is on February 28th, and I'm using a combination of Yaeger and Wiley to study.  I can't wait to get into the actual accounting sections, because I am sick of Module 9 :D

Welcome Joshua!

How is the studying going Joshua?

hahaha!  I can totally relate - I couldn't wait to be done with Module 9, too!

Joshua Coryell said:

I'm figuring out how this forum works, but I'm Josh and I'm starting back from the beginning on FAR.  My exam is on February 28th, and I'm using a combination of Yaeger and Wiley to study.  I can't wait to get into the actual accounting sections, because I am sick of Module 9 :D

Moving onto PP&E with www.rogercpareview.com and looking forward to tying all more concepts together.

Hello, I'm jumping back in after losing credit for all the parts I previously passed. I decided to take some time and re group and now I'm resuming my studies.  I just downloaded the free Lambers 2013 study guides and I decided I would try to tackle FAR first since it has given me the most trouble. And my review manuals are from 2011 and 2012.  I noticed the first FAR chapter in Lambers covers Partnerships. I checked the CSO's for 2014 and there was no mention anywhere of Partnerships or anything related. I thought Partnerships would fall under REG or BEC but does anyone know for sure?   And if it is covered in FAR, what content area would it fall under so I can check it off the list. Thanks!

@Cathy - There is not a specific section for partnership accounting in the CSO for FAR, but it falls under the umbrella of financial statements and the accounting for various assets and liabilities.  There are unique accounting rules for reporting items in the financial statements of partnerships and that is what is covered in FAR.  In REG, they cover the tax and legal aspects of partnerships, but not the financial statement reporting.  Hope that helps.

Just finished F1 and F2, trying to nail the progressive tests, 468 questions!

I'll be studying late again tonight. I'm almost finished with Leases and will start Liabilities soon.

Starting at a more refreshing hour. Continuing with FAR (Liabilities) and BEC (Econ Concepts & Strategy)!

Continuing with Liabilities (FAR) and Production Costs (BEC).

Greetings from Omaha, NE (Nebraska)!  I am studying the FAR section and plan to take the exam before the testing window closes, however feel I need to allow adequate study time.  I have two children (9 and 6).  I have been on this journey for a couple of years now..well not really a journey, more like an idea/goal that I haven't put into action.  I am studying through Becker and this is the second time I purchased the material..and no I do not have money like that.  LOL!  Any advice/encouragement is most certainly welcomed.  Any additional resources I could use in conjunction with Becker or has anyone found a better study material?

RSS

Latest Activity

Sandra Hei updated their profile
Jul 10
Noah Kiplimo Kipchaui updated their profile
Mar 1, 2019

Members

Videos

© 2020   Created by CPA Exam Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service